As part of the Office 2016, users are provided with OneDrive, where you can save, manage and share files in the cloud (online) and on your desktop. If you save files to it on your computer, they will sync with OneDrive online (you don’t even need to save), so that you never again need to use a USB key. Your files are always available in the cloud and you have ample space: 1 terabyte (or 1000 gigabytes) per user.
It is Microsoft’s storage service which is specially used for hosting files in the “cloud.” It is free to all the owners of a Microsoft account. OneDrive has a simple way to store, sync and share various types of files, with other people and devices on the internet. in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Xbox One which use the OneDrive synchronize system settings, visual customization, themes, app settings, and even Microsoft Edge’s tabs, browsing history and saved passwords.
It provides students, faculty, and staff cloud-based storage for College files. Using it instead of your local hard drive, allows you to access your work or projects from anywhere, at any time, using any device. In this one hour training, IT will share best practices and essential concepts of Microsoft OneDrive. Bring your device and follow along with us as we explore how it offers an easy and convenient way to save, share, collaborate. You can securely store personal data like tax returns or photos, as well as business documents like presentations and spreadsheets.
As cloud services is growing up, it has adopted more and more functionality. The version we see today is a network of several services, which means using it can be confusing to new users. OneDrive account can be created for two purposes i.e. personal or for business.
- Personal One Drive.
- OneDrive for Business.
How to Sign Up ?
- Go to onedrive.com
2. Click on Sign up for free.
3. Choose your option Personal or OneDrive for business.
4. If you already have Microsoft account you can directly sign in, else you have to create a Microsoft account in order to sign up in OneDrive.
How to Sign In ?
- Enter your Microsoft account (Xbox, Skype, Outlook.com email address) and go to Next.
- Type your password and select Sign In.
- Now you are logged in and ready to go.
How to Reset account?
- First go to https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/
2. Enter your email, phone or skype id.
3. Goto next.
4. Click on forgot password.
5. Verify your identity .
6. Get code and verify that code.
7. Enter new password.
8. Now your account reset process has been successfully done.
9. Now click on sign in and enter your id and new password to login to OneDrive.
How to Remove Account?
- Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.
2. Select More> Settings.
3. On the Account tab , click unlink this PC and then unlink account.